Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Video of the Day: Crazy jazz Edition

I was searching YouTube for Depeche Mode's Strangelove and this video came up in the results. I thought it was another cover version by some band. I was wrong.

This band is called Koop and they too had a song named Strangelove.. They are Swedish and they produce all their sound electronically, all the vocalists they use on their albums are guests. This one here is Norwegian singer Hilde Louise Asbjørnsen. Oh by the way, They are melding Swedish jazz beats, female jazz vocalists from all over the world and Caribbean beats from the islands of the Caribbean. And they are making it work. Fucking outstanding.

I like Jazz, I like electronic dance music, I love female vocalists who can sing. Koop is killing me with all three! I'm now a big Koop and Hilde Louise fan.

No comments:

Hits Beeyotch